We are Perkins & Murphy
In 2005, we set out to put our skills and ideas to work, and to help a few families with the complicated endeavor of college admissions. Since then, we have seen hundreds of students achieve admission to the universities of their dreams, and their parents make informed, strategic and confident financial decisions.
What can we do for you?
- Guide you through the maze of the college admissions process.
- Save you time and resources.
- Give you peace of mind.
- Prepare students for the college admissions process in writing and in-person.
- Work with your busy schedule. In-person meetings in our office or by phone, text and video conferencing.
- Provide the most options for students and families.
A few reasons to choose
Perkins & Murphy
- Our 15-year record of success
- We're local. We work primarily with students from the Eastern Connecticut snd Rhode Island areas. We live in this community, and we work with a limited number of students to produce the best results for them.
- Our packages are all-inclusive and affordable. Families can be confident that the process is under control and the student is prepared for each step.
- We reduce the stress of this unfamiliar process by making a plan for each student, based on our years of research and experience.
- We offer comprehensive financial aid guidance and advice.
- We focus on making this experience positive and exciting for students – as it should be!
- Our clients make important decisions based on facts – not anecdotal information and half-truths.
- We help students assertively pursue institutional and private scholarships.
- We open communication and clearly identify expectations between parents and students.
About the founders of Perkins & Murphy:
Betsy has worked in the field of college admissions and financial aid for over 20 years. She is a certified school counselor, and she has provided guidance for hundreds of students through the college admissions and financial aid process. Betsy also led financial aid programs at private colleges and public universities before she became an independent consultant. She has served on regional scholarship boards and advised youth development programs in the Connecticut area. Her reputation as a college admissions expert and dedicated educator is well-known to college professionals around the country. Betsy holds a Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology from the University of Connecticut.
As an administrator, educator and consultant, Tim has helped hundreds of individuals from diverse backgrounds achieve educational and professional success. He specializes in communication and development. Partnered with Betsy’s admissions expertise, Tim assists students with preparation of essays, portfolios, interview strategies, and correspondence with athletic coaches. Tim has led successful programs in higher education, employment & training and scholarship development. He has also volunteered with Special Olympics CT for over 20 years. He holds a B.A. in English from Eastern Connecticut State University
Private Services Help Ease College Selection Process
This is why we do what we do...
Heroes come in many shapes and sizes. Your expertise and generosity for the ‘Youth of America” is worth celebrating. We are so grateful for all you do.